Garages are pretty useful. While you can definitely use it for parking cars, it can be used for different purposes as well. Whether you need it as a workstation or a storage unit, a garage is your go to place. Make sure that you buy the garage doors in Newcastle from the right suppliers.
However, garage doors often pose a security challenge as well. In order to make sure that you and your loved ones are safe, do follow these garage door safety tips:
- The garage door opener button should be placed at the right height and distance. Small children shouldn’t have access to it at any cost. In fact it is advisable that the opener should be placed in a discreet position so as to avoid accidents.
- Keep the remote control safe and away from children or pets. Kids have an uncanny sense of finding out the remote no matter where you hide it. Educated children to avoid using the remote control as a play thing. In fact make sure you discourage it from the beginning only.
- Make sure that you read the owner’s manual as carefully as possible. Get to know how you could make use of the garage door emergency feature. If you are aware of it from the beginning it can help avoid disaster in case there is an emergency. The release feature is designed to ensure the garage door swings up or down immediately.
- Visually inspecting the garage door on a monthly basis is crucial. Do take a look at the springs and the cables. Check out the pulleys and rollers for signs of wear and tear. While you are examining all these parts of the door, do not attempt to repair these on your own. If possible get the services of the professionals at garage doors in Newcastle. A trained individuals will make the adjustments and ensure that the door is in proper working order.
- Also make sure that you test the garage openers reverse mechanism on a monthly basis. You can do this by placing a wooden roller or a paper roll in the door’s path. On contact the door should reverse. In case it doesn’t, make sure you contact a professional. If the opener hasn’t been replaced in a long time, make sure you go ahead and buy a new one.
- If you are concerned about the safety of children in your home go for garage doors comprising of panels. These are a much safer option.
- Make sure that you never leave the door partially open. It might actually travel down and come in contact with any object.
- If you plan on going on vacation, make sure that you switch off the console. This renders the remote useless and intruders could be deterred from entering your home.
- Avoid keeping the remote control in your car. Anyone could gain access to your home through your garage door. So make sure that you are vigilant.
Always purchase garage doors from Garage Doors & More Newcastle.