If you would love to have a garden but don’t have space or if you would just like to have a nice herb garden near your kitchen, the vertical garden is the answer. A vertical garden takes up very little space and has the added value of making the walls look pretty. Follow these steps to make your own.
Decide on a wall. Have a look at how and how long the sun shines on your walls. Also, consider where the nearest tap is. Once you know which wall you want your vertical garden on, you can now start measuring out your frame. You could also consider installing some sort of irrigation system for your vertical garden. If so, take that into account when choosing the location.
Drill holes and hang the frame. Drill holes where you measured and insert the screws. Now hang the frame against the wall. Safety should always be your first priority. Use a strong wood to build the frame. Your frame can be designed in any way you like. Just make sure that it will be well-balanced.
Add the flowering troughs or other flowerpots. When the frame has been secured, you can start hanging or placing the flowerpots and troughs where you want them. Be creative and try some new things. You can make it look pretty.
Add the potting mix and plants or seeds. Next, you need to fill your pots if you didn’t use already planted pots or troughs. If it is your first time gardening it is a good idea to start with plants that are already planted. You can always grow your own later when you have gained some experience.
It is really as simple as that. You can have a vertical garden in a few hours and enjoyment for many years to come. Once you have built one, you might want to build another. Have fun!…
Cleaning the house is not the best way to spend your time and there is probably a lot of other things that you would rather be doing. However, Spring is coming and we all know it is the time for cleaning and throwing out. To help you with this coming project, we would like to share our best cleaning tips.
1. Use baking soda to get rid of smells. You can use baking soda in your fridge, your sneakers, and even your gym bag to absorb the sweaty or funky smells. Leave a bowl or box of open baking soda in the fridge to get rid of funky smells. Pour some baking soda in your sneakers and gym bag to get rid of the sweaty smell. You can even use the baking soda on your pets’ beds and other play areas. Leave the baking soda for about 15 minutes and then vacuum it up. No more pet smell.
2. Clean your hair brushes with a simple solution. You can get rid of build-up on your hair brushes and other accessories by soaking or spraying them with a mixture of dish soap and warm water. Simple, fast, and effective.
3. Prevent a blocked drain with vinegar and baking soda. If you pour baking soda and vinegar down the drain, you can prevent blockage before it even starts. Do this regularly to keep the drains clear.
4. Make your own all-purpose cleaner. It is environmentally friendly and will save you a lot of money. There are different recipes that you will find online. Our favourite recipe is 4 tablespoons of baking soda and warm water. Mix them in a spray bottle and you are ready to start spraying the dirt.
5. Use toothpaste to get rid of marker stains. If you have creative and active kids, chances are they have written or soon will write on the walls, furniture, dog, and whatever else they can find. Toothpaste will take out these marker stains from wood. Keep that tip handy.
Baking soda is clearly a magic ingredient that you should always have at home when cleaning. Happy cleaning!…