Cleaning the house is not the best way to spend your time and there is probably a lot of other things that you would rather be doing. However, Spring is coming and we all know it is the time for cleaning and throwing out. To help you with this coming project, we would like to share our best cleaning tips.
1. Use baking soda to get rid of smells. You can use baking soda in your fridge, your sneakers, and even your gym bag to absorb the sweaty or funky smells. Leave a bowl or box of open baking soda in the fridge to get rid of funky smells. Pour some baking soda in your sneakers and gym bag to get rid of the sweaty smell. You can even use the baking soda on your pets’ beds and other play areas. Leave the baking soda for about 15 minutes and then vacuum it up. No more pet smell.
2. Clean your hair brushes with a simple solution. You can get rid of build-up on your hair brushes and other accessories by soaking or spraying them with a mixture of dish soap and warm water. Simple, fast, and effective.
3. Prevent a blocked drain with vinegar and baking soda. If you pour baking soda and vinegar down the drain, you can prevent blockage before it even starts. Do this regularly to keep the drains clear.
4. Make your own all-purpose cleaner. It is environmentally friendly and will save you a lot of money. There are different recipes that you will find online. Our favourite recipe is 4 tablespoons of baking soda and warm water. Mix them in a spray bottle and you are ready to start spraying the dirt.
5. Use toothpaste to get rid of marker stains. If you have creative and active kids, chances are they have written or soon will write on the walls, furniture, dog, and whatever else they can find. Toothpaste will take out these marker stains from wood. Keep that tip handy.
Baking soda is clearly a magic ingredient that you should always have at home when cleaning. Happy cleaning!