Window Air Conditioning
Although this is the name by which that type of apparatus is known and for which we are going to refer to them, the most correct name would be that of the compact.
The window air conditioning units carry all the elements located inside the same housing and are designed so that when placed, the condenser remains outside and the evaporator inside.
Its installation is fixed and can be located in two places: window and wall. Theoretically, these air conditioning units are designed to be installed in a window, due to vibration and humidity problems.
The cooling capacity of this air conditioning equipment ranges from 1.200 to 6.000 BTU, so it can cover the needs of a large room. speak with a professional air conditioning installer or provider to check these details.
The fundamental disadvantages are aesthetic and noise. This type of equipment has been the equipment par excellence in bars, small shops, and homes.
Split air conditioning
Commonly known as consoles, they are the most complete and complete air conditioners that are commercialised.
They are called split air conditioning units since they are composed of two individual units interconnected only through the refrigeration lines (which complete the closed refrigeration circuit) and the electric control lines between the elements of both units.
Of the two units that make up the split air conditioning equipment, one will be the indoor unit, to be placed inside the space to be heated and specially designed for it.
On the outside, the other unit will be placed, as a requirement for the proper functioning of the refrigeration system, for what is called the outdoor unit.
Types of interior air conditioning
Wall air conditioning
- Its placement must be made on the wall at a height never lower than 120 cm.
- The discharge of the treated air (cold or hot), is carried out on the front of the furniture, in the lower part, through a linear grid of adjustable slats, which allow the air to be distributed laterally and vertically in the space to be conditioned.
- The return of the ambient air is also provided by the front of the furniture, in its upper part, through a fixed grid of larger size, behind which is located the air filter (element whose cleaning should not be neglected).
Types of exterior air conditioning
There are two different types of outdoor units according to their design and specifically to the place where the air discharge occurs:
- Horizontal air discharge through the front face of the furniture.
- Vertical air discharge through the upper face of the furniture.
- The most outstanding feature of these split air conditioning equipment is that with a single outdoor unit, there will be the possibility of coupling several indoor units, one for each room to be conditioned and each one will be controlled separately from the others.
When the device is designed for a single indoor unit it is called simple. When it can govern several indoor units, it is called multiple.
The refrigeration capacity is very varied, being able to cover all domestic needs. They also provide the flexibility that the indoor units are of different capacity, with which we can adapt perfectly to the needs of air conditioning. For example, a powerful unit for the living room and a median for the bedroom.…